Steven Maughan is an HR leader at Amplēo who consults on all aspects of human resource management. He has experience with benefit redesign, implementing compensation plans, all aspects of HR compliance, strategy, and much more. He helped a family-owned global manufacturer of 50+ years spin off an advertising agency, transition to private equity, and then to a strategic buyer.
Before joining Amplēo in 2023, Steven worked for a global manufacturing company as the head of HR helping management and employees succeed while reducing turnover, and increasing employee sentiment. Steven spent many years serving on the board of the Davis County (Utah) Chamber of Commerce including as President. He was also heavily involved in the management of the Northern Utah HR Association and taught the SHRM certification course at Davis Tech. Before his adventures in manufacturing, Steven spent 10 years in the financial services industry, and some time in agriculture/farming.
- Figuring out how things work
- Being outdoors, fishing, or gardening
- Tinkering with old cars and riding motorcycles
- Master’s degree in human resource management from Utah State University
- Bachelor’s degree in History with a minor in Latin American studies
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional