Steve Chesnut is a CFO Consultant at Amplēo who is a proven performer with many years of Retail and Wholesale expertise with three of the top Retailers in the US – Target Stores, The Home Depot, and Overstock.com.
Before joining Amplēo in 2024, Steve worked 14 years as a CFO with four companies in the Salt Lake City area that included publicly traded to private equity owned to privately held in Retail, Third Party Logistics, Sports Parks, and Residential Pest Control.
Steve brings a strong business acumen across various functions including strategy development, finance, investor relations, business analytics, business intelligence, accounting, risk management, FP&A, operations, audit, business development, market development, sales management, and six sigma.
Steve’s demonstrated record of success across all sizes of companies and ownership structures, including Private Equity and founder-owned, within many functional disciplines and across all organizational levels, showcases his adaptability and effectiveness. Steve has actively contributed at the Board and C-level, underlining his strategic leadership and valuable insights that drive organizational excellence.
- Hiking – in 2023 he completed a 12-day trip to Africa – climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, visited four African tribes and one-day animal safari
- Cycling – biked over 2,400 miles in 2023
- Raises bees, gardens, and fruit trees
- Family – 10 children and 17 grandchildren
- MBA in Finance and Strategy from Brigham Young University
- B.S. in Accounting and Business Management from Southern Utah University