Jim McDonough is a consultant at Amplēo who performs outsourced controller work. Jim works with clients of all sizes and multiple industries. Jim has a wealth of experience in accounting, finance, and business operations. Jim has over 20 years of experience in the high-tech, software, SAAS, and manufacturing industries. He has years of experience in GAAP accounting, with specialties in revenue recognition and purchase accounting. Jim has over 15 years of experience with closing financial reporting periods (months, quarters, and year-end). In addition to his finance and accounting backgrounds, Jim is a certified Lean Six-Sigma master black belt.
Before becoming a consultant at Amplēo in 2023, Jim worked for over 20 years with a Fortune 500 company with increasing responsibilities in accounting, finance, business executive, and business operations. Jim began his career with PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Minneapolis office in business advisory services.
- Father of four children and proud husband
- Black Belt in Shotokan Karate
- Forever in search of a lower golf score
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from St. John’s University (MN), graduating with honors
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Executive Coaching
- CPA, State of Minnesota