Turnaround, Restructuring, and Bankruptcy Professionals
FLSA Status: Not applicable – Independent Contractor
What we do:
Amplēo provides business professionals, such as CFOs, CMOs, and CHROs, to companies on a fractional basis in order to help them achieve their full potential. The Amplēo model allows companies the freedom and flexibility to add highly experienced, strategic talent as they need it, without having to commit to full-time employment. It also offers talented business professionals the chance to do their best work for various enterprises while enjoying greater variety, flexibility, and work-life balance. Hundreds of companies rely on Amplēo professionals to deliver sage direction and expert counsel at all levels of their organization.
What you’ll do:
- You will work closely with companies across various industries to help underperforming businesses navigate a restructuring process and create a lasting positive impact on the organization. Restructuring processes may occur out-of-court in roles such as a Financial Advisor or Chief Restructuring Officer or as fiduciaries of a court, such as a state court receiver, or bankruptcy trustee, or plan administrator.
- We advise on every aspect of the restructuring process – from the strategy to cash conservation/liquidity management to business plan development and implementation – providing you with a wide range of experiences and projects. Leveraging your resourcefulness and independent judgment, you will help develop solutions to critical problems, usually in high-impact situations. You will apply your analytical skills and deep understanding of accounting, finance, and law to a diverse range of turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy, and performance improvement projects. Your involvement with these projects will typically include:
- Building and managing a 13-week cash flow forecast.
- Building a liquidation analysis to address the feasibility of a Plan of Reorganization.
- Working with clients to create a long-term business plan in order to track and manage business performance, manage working capital, and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Implementing cash conservation strategy and controls.
- Negotiating with creditors and other stakeholders.
- Managing employees through high-impact situations.
- Developing pre-bankruptcy plans and assisting with bankruptcy case administration, which includes supporting the handling of creditor constituents and preparing bankruptcy documents.
- Supporting marketing initiatives by assisting with the pitch preparation process.
- Leading a workstream within a project and coaching and mentoring junior resources.
- Working as a partner to our clients by building consultative relationships, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s processes, financial positions and key operational performance drivers in order to surface and address key issues, from the big picture to the smallest details. Relying on your ability to communicate and problem-solve, you will present your analyses and insights to various audiences.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, law, or a business-related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the restructuring industry plus client-side experience
- In-depth understanding of financial or independent business reviews, corporate recovery, restructuring, debt advisory, turnaround, workout, sell-side advisory, and distressed asset disposal; and/or insolvency, exit strategy, liquidation, receivership, and bankruptcy services.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), Certified Insolvency Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) are highly recommended but not required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) are also desired.
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings and/or State Court Receivership proceedings.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced level of experience in financial modeling with the ability to build 13-week cash flow forecast and 3-statement financial models with limited oversight.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel.
- Willingness to travel
Ampleo is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives because we know this only makes us better. We strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, persons with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications.